Friday, August 7, 2009

Crocodile Dock

Ethan and Christopher concluded their second year of VBS together - this year being themed Crocodile Dock. They really both enjoyed it and it seemed to be another great program. I am actually really impressed by how engaging and fun these programs are compared to my own VBS experiences... which I loved... but these programs are way cooler! Last year when I volunteered, even I was excited to see what we would be doing each day!!

I am on one of my DOWOP (day off without pay - which though the pay cut is painful, I have grown to really love these days and part of me hopes the economy doesn't come back too quickly... did I say that??!) so I took and picked up the boys today. Knowing they end upstairs in the auditorium, I got there early to snag some photos.

Here is one of the set up in this room where they do the morning greeting, songs and then come back to close each day with a wrap up of the message and songs. This photo does not do it justice, it looked really cool - with theater props, tons of little electric votive candles, strings of lights, it looked like the bayou...
The screen at the top (of the above photo) projected the music videos of the songs - which had little kids singing and dancing (the given song's dance). At first last year (when I volunteered), I was thinking... oh... I don't know that I want to do this, but I have to tell you the songs are actually fun and the movements are too and I found myself doing it with Ethan all the time. Shhhhhhhh. At Ethan's insistence, I bought the CD both last year and this year. My neighbor, Kris, whose boys went through this program in June at their church bought it too and was telling me that even she found herself singing the songs. Come on... all you parents out there have at one point or another found yourself in the car alone with kids music playing and you are singing! We joke about how we get half way to work or wherever before we realize that we can be listening to OUR music, yet the entire time were singing our kids music unknowingly. Okay, enough of my side story.

Here's Christopher and Ethan (who is waving at me since he had spotted me at this point)...
Christopher and Ethan down in their home room area being goofy...

Ethan introducing last year's bible buddies to this year's bible buddies, which was the very first thing he did when he got home...
As I mentioned, the two days that I was home with the twins when they were sick earlier this week, Ethan came home and was all chatter about everything they did at VBS - including the story and point. It was great... considering most of the school year I had to pull info out of him. One day he brought home a birdhouse they started to decorate during art time but didn't finish. He told me he had to finish it and promptly went and got all his drawing art supplies, put them on the table and got to work. I loved how dedicated and excited he was...

The Moores Six give two thumbs up. Crocodile Dock VBS rocks!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin