Saturday, June 20, 2009

Mauled for the bear

Okay, so all that talk of bad cereal a few weeks back apparently backfired for the parents of this household as Sugar Bear somehow made his way into the shopping cart... those darn center aisle super sale displays will get you in a weak moment every time! At any rate, Daddy decided he was going to have an afternoon snack of the smacks. Why he actually thought he could eat anything around the kids during one of their non-eating times without them begging for some is beyond me... but he did. It didn't go so well. He was instantly mauled. And it only got worse once they took a bite of the sugar laden substance. I heard Steve screaming as the crew swarmed him... and came just in time to see the mauling... they were relentless.

Daddy making them say please...
Collin helping himself (screw the please, I'll just get it myself)...
Daddy futilely trying to keep it away, while chewing the one spoon full of cereal he got...
Little me too coming in for a piece of the action...
In the end, Daddy maybe had one spoon full.

We also told the kids that it was candy. I know, I know. But a little white lie isn't going to hurt them, it may as well be candy if you read the ingredients. And after all, I don't want them to know this is cereal. How would I ever get them to eat the healthy fiber loaded cardboard that they love so well now?

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin