Sunday, September 6, 2009

Rain... please!

Dear Mother Nature:

Thank you so much for the absolutely wonderful summer weather. We have enjoyed the milder than normal temperatures and lower humidity all summer, this weekend included. I can't thank you enough.

I am wondering if I can make a plea to you - mother to mother. Can you please make it rain tomorrow? I am not talking the sprinkle or drizzle. I am talking all out thunderstorm and rain that goes on all day. Or at least in the afternoon, so we can get some outside play in the morning. But after that, let it pour all afternoon... please! But not enough that our electric goes out (which will be tricky since our electric goes out constantly, but that's another blog post altogether... you heard me AEP, you're on my list).

See, I have been on a kid play palooza since Friday morning. It's been so much fun, but yet... I'm tired. Not to mention that our backyard has seen better days, our house has seen better days and the circles under my eyes have seen better days. I need some time to get the house back together, get something actually accomplished this weekend and get some downtime to where I am not chasing kids for miles nor being the lifeguard of behavior to the masses. Thunderstorms, as I am sure you know, are a great excuse to stay inside without guilt or regret... and again, did I mention that I really want to stay in? Strike that - I really NEED to stay in tomorrow afternoon. Please.

I am sure you can relate as a mother yourself. So, if you can see it in your heart, please make it pour tomorrow afternoon.

Thank you for your time and consideration.

p.s. no disrespect intended, but you kind of owe me one for when it drizzled the ENTIRE day of the highly planned huge OUTSIDE neighborhood birthday party. Just saying...

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin