Thursday, January 22, 2009

Ethanisms...

***The following content is for mature audiences only. Reader discretion is advised.***

Okay for all intents and purposes we are now at present day. Being such, we HAVE to share an Ethanism from a week ago...

Erin, the babysitter, called me at work last week to tell me this story. She said Ethan came down stairs after being down for nap only 15 minutes saying his pull-up had "poop" in it. Ms. Erin said, “Ethan why didn’t you go use the potty?” Ethan said, “Ms. Erin, I didn’t do it, MY BUTT did!”

(Ethan has been using the big boy potty since he was three, but at nap time and bed time he wears a pull-up as he isn’t quite trained to wake up to use the bathroom.)

Ethan being Ethan...

Of course as much as Steve and I (and other people I told) thought that was funny, Steve said that is not his favorite. Instead this is…

Ethan is… well, a gassy child. Needless to say, he has been able to say “Excuse me” since he was 18 months old - honestly! We have never really called that action/noise anything but just to say ‘excuse me.’ At any rate, just before he was two years old he said this in response to one rather gassy night: “Excuse me. Boy my butt sure has a lot of burps tonight!” And it’s stuck to this day!

Okay, so maybe it’s a parent thing… but WE think it’s hilarious!

"Dude..."

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Event though it is 4:30 in the morning and I have heard both of those stories...I'm sitting here LMAO. He is something else.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin