Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Fair

We decided to take the boys to the fair at the beginning of August, as it had been four years since Ethan had been and the twins have never been... so what the heck, let's go to the State Fair. We met Aunt Tricia and Aunt Marnie there, along with Hannah, Jonah and Ainslee.

It was lunchtime by the time we all managed to get there. I'm not proud of this... but we were at the fair... and everything comes on a stick... so I had to teach the boys to eat food off a stick. I know! But... it was the fair. When in Rome... They started with a corn dog. I KNOW! But... again, it was the fair and I just want everyone to know that I am not a stick in the mud (get it... stick in the..., anyhow...). After that, they had an elephant ear. I KNOW! Um... they loved both. They washed it down with lots and lots of water.


"What is this thing mom? Ohhh, fried dough with cinnamon sugar... yum!"

"I'm still tackling this thing on a stick... now you are giving me fried dough... are you messing with me mom?"

We went through a few of the animal places. In the bunny area, one of the owners got a bunny out for the boys to pet. They thought that was great. The bunny on the other hand was not as sure about this whole deal.

After that, we decided to ride a couple of the rides that looked the most safe, for a fair ride. The boys LOVED them. LOVED them. As a matter of fact, when the ride was over and everyone got off, Oliver just moved over in his seat and settled back in. Did not want off. Thought he could keep riding it over and over. He was NOT happy when we got him off.



I wasn't able to get it on film, but at one point Oliver put both his elbows up on the back of the seat, leaning back just enjoying the ride like he owned it. It was so cute!

Ethan, Oliver and Jonah.

Collin decided that he wanted to ride in the front car of the train and not with the rest of the boys. He wasn't the least bit intimidated (as he normally is) that there was a girl in there already. Based on how well they hit it off (they laughed and talked the entire time!), I am not so sure his motive wasn't the girl in the first place. Hmmmmm.....

"That's my mom over there. She'll need to meet, interview and approve you before we can take this to the next level."

We also went to the petting area. We got them the shredded carrots they offer for sale to feed the animals. Collin ate some himself... before we could stop it... um... we hope it was just plain old carrots. We haven't noticed any odd behaviors, but it is ornery Collin, so one would never know.

All in all, it was a fun day at the fair.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to hit the fair next year. A little food on a stick will never hurt anyone!
Michele

Blog Widget by LinkWithin