Saturday, May 16, 2009

Last day of preschool

Thursday was Ethan's last day of preschool this year. Ethan actually really loved going to school. He learned the days of the week in part because he loved going to school so much that he knew when Tuesday and Thursday were (his class days). He made a lot of friends through the course of the year, which he told me he was very sad not to be able to see every week. Say it with me "Awwwwww." Hopefully at least a few will be in his class next year.
Ethan with his teachers: Mrs. Anderson (Mrs. A - on right) and Mrs. Zaborski (Mrs. Z - and the reason for the initial calling instead of last name - on left)

Since I knew he was sad about preschool ending, I took the afternoon off and we to COSI to celebrate. We had a blast! Since it was almost 2 pm on a weekday, we had almost the entire place to ourselves for all intents and purposes (an added bonus I didn't know about). We played in the zid's zone, looked at the funky frogs in the frog exhibit, walked around the space exhibit, played with all the cool stuff in the gadgets area, went through the life exhibit and then walked through the progress town.

Playing in the water area.

Getting super hero "powers" (of course)

Building in the gadget exhibit

Our final creation

It's great that we have such a fun children's museum in town. I remember as a child taking the long field trips down to Columbus to visit the old COSI (in the old building). I also remember some trips with Amy and Katie when she was just a little one! Remember those Amy? Can you believe your baby is at Senior prom today?

We became members in March, hoping that we could take each child (young and old) to the museum at different times for some one on one fun... and maybe some group fun too. I am sure there are many more good memories to come over the years, adding to my older ones. I can't wait to add to them!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin