Sunday, March 7, 2010

Jeni, where have you been all my life?

Today and Aunt Krissy (who was visiting this weekend) and I needed to get the boys out of the house for a little bit while daddy worked on a project with Uncle Mike. So, where would we take them? To get ice cream of course!

We ventured a little out of our area today because I have been wanting to try this Jeni's ice cream that I have heard so much about over the years. I know, ice cream two weekends in a row, what is wrong with me? Jeni's is a local ice cream shop who makes ice cream with all natural and organic ingredients, much of which they get from local farmers... now that's my kind of ice cream!

It was quite busy when we got there, so between that and the corralling the kids it was a little hard to pick flavors. Any of you local people who know about Jeni's know what I mean by that. They just aren't your typical flavors. Not even close. Collin and Oliver got Wildberry Lavendar, Ethan got Roxbury Road and Krissy and I got samplers of three kinds. Mine was salty carmel, gooey butter cake and black coffee, Krissy's was Mackenzie Creamery Goat Cheese with Cognac Figs, Riesling Poached Pear sorbet and lemon yogurt (I think). Seriously, don't you love those names?? Let me tell you, they were F.A.B.U.L.O.U.S.

Ethan, with beaming content smile, devoured his within minutes. Oliver ate his intensely without hardly breathing, he is normally the slower one. He even whine/cried when he couldn't get it on his spoon at times (again, not wanting to have a moment without it in his mouth). Collin slowly savored his, while every once in a while glancing up at me with the biggest cutest smile on his face. You know the happy content smile that says "I love you so much mom." It was the ice cream talking, but I'll take it.

The best part? This is ice cream I can feel good about giving them!





Holy cow! It was so good that I am still (obviously) thinking about it! To all you local folks, if you haven't been there, you NEED to GO! It is well worth any drive! Or am I the only person who had never been there?

Meanwhile, now that I have crawled out from under my rock, I am working on possible locations and business plans to present to them in hopes of convincing them they need to have a location closer to us. Please Jeni... please.


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin