Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Did someone say ice cream?

We were running errands with the boys on Sunday when they hit the proverbial wall. All the sudden they were whiny and squirmy. That's when we decided to go someplace for a very rare treat - ice cream.

I wish I had recorded the before and after of the boys when I said: "Do you want to go get some ice cream?" Darkness left their crabby faces and was replaced by beaming smiles. One of them even gasped.

Ethan: "YES! Ice cream! Woo hoo!"

Oliver: "I want ice cream" (fifty times).

Collin: "I heam!"

When we got there, they plastered their faces against the glass trying to decide what to get. Okay, the twins haven't really been for ice cream but once a year ago, so they didn't really know what to do but drool over it. Ethan, however, did and started planning his concoction.

Steve made fun of me for taking photos, but seriously isn't that the cutest thing you have ever seen?! I wish I could have went around the counter and taken it from the other side of their drooling faces.

As they sat eating it, silence happened. Happy euphoric delicious silence. Until they were done, then all heck broke loose again. Actually it was worse than before, since they were doped up on sugar that they normally don't get. Hmmmm... just whose bright idea was it get ice cream (says the guilty party)?

Yes, Ethan could not be bothered with taking off his hat and coat. After all, he had ice cream to devour.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That picture is adorable! It does not get much better than that.
Michele

Chrissy said...

It's not even 8am yet and this post made me say, "ummm....ice cream." Better yet....cold stone creamery. Ummmmm

Blog Widget by LinkWithin