Friday, December 3, 2010

Fall Soccer

Ethan was in fall soccer this year and the added excitement was Steve was his assistant coach*. Steve was a little hesitant at first, but the head coach was amazing! She, Coach Dee, was a college professor and coach of soccer, and a player herself. And Steve was a great student and in the end a really good coach. The kids loved him.

Ethan really improved this year, being more aggressive and in the game. There was a lot less picking picking blades grass and holding hands and a lot more interest in soccer. Don't get me wrong, there was still some of the other stuff, but just not as much as past years. Though I can't say he is a die hard soccer player, he definitely is identifying himself with this sport more than others. Most importantly, I think he had fun.

Here are some action shots of Ethan:





All in all, I am very proud of both of my men.


*yea, it is still a little hazy on how Steve volunteered to be coach, but I think it involved me answering the mandatory question "which of these would you be willing to do" with a check next to Assistant Coach and then typing in Steve's name... rather than the check in the Team Mom box... or something like that... maybe... hey, it was mandatory and I had to travel out of town a few weeks during the season... I couldn't be team mom.... and it's not like it's the first time I checked the box with Steve's info... it's just the first in the the last three seasons that they actually took me... er... him up on it. Yea, that's probably how that all happened... Further in my defense, Steve was always walking around smiles and singing after the games... he liked being coach more than he knew he would... and I knew that all along... yea, that's it... maybe...

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin