Sunday, November 15, 2009

The things meltdowns are made of...

... may surprise you.

Today, while grocery shopping, Ethan had a mini meltdown. He was very upset that I told him I wasn't going to buy something that he requested. Upset to the point that he was wiggling around in the cart and doing his whine crying really loud. Uncharacteristically, I gave into him and bought the item. What was the item?

Drum roll please: prunes.

Yea, prunes. Not a toy, not sugar cereal (by the way, he still has NO clue about that stuff), not candy or sweets, not any of the normal stuff childhood meltdowns of this nature are made of... it was over prunes. Who knew? Hmmm... I think I have a new leverage item...

BTW, the reason I originally said no was because all three boys love prunes and regulating becomes something of its own drama... yet regulation is a must. Again, prunes... enough said.



No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin