Friday, November 13, 2009

The voice was wrong...

Last night at 10:15 pm, when I went to make Ethan's lunch for school, I made the unfortunate discovery that we were out of bread. We didn’t even have a mini bagel or a wheat tortilla wrap left in the house (as I also discovered during my mini panicked search). This is a big issue since Ethan insists on pretty much the same lunch for school: peanut butter and honey on wheat bread, baby carrots, an apple and granola or cereal mix (specifically Bare Naked Apple Cinnamon Granola or the Bare Naked Cranberry Raisin Cereal).

As I contemplated going to the store (okay, mommy guilt contemplated it), I saw a ray of light appear in the form of a box of the kid's Kashi seven grain crackers. It spoke to me and said, ‘put peanut butter and pumpkin butter (the coveted treat with peanut butter) on me and he will think I’m a special treat.’ I was tired, so I believed the voice, hoping he would be excited by the change. That was my hope at least.

As told by Ethan’s teacher (because they rolled around the room in laughter), here is how it went:

Teacher, upon walking by and seeing Ethan's lunch: "Ethan, how cool! You have peanut butter cracker sandwiches for lunch!"

Ethan, responding flatly: "Yea, apparently we're out of bread."

Sigh… mental note... don't listen to the voice from the pantry at 10:15 pm...

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin