Tuesday, March 31, 2009

A second childhood?

My grandma is 87 years young and apparently experiencing a second childhood…


Okay, she really was not vying for the toys with the kids… she was just having fun and being silly. She’s just that young at heart. Seriously, she emails, has a cell phone and is still very active with her peeps. She made us lunch and dessert and brought it down with them on Saturday morning. She even made homemade applesauce, which as some of you know is my favorite… my grandma’s pink applesauce rules. She makes it in an antique colander (which I think she said belonged to her grandmother) with unpeeled red apples (which gives it its pink color of course) and as you can imagine it labor intensive… and is made with lots of love. I reluctantly shared this applesauce with everyone. It was the boys first time trying it and of course they all wanted seconds... and thirds but that's where I drew the line.
"Step away from the applesauce and no one will get hurt."

On top of that, grandma cleaned the kitchen after each meal the entire weekend and cleaned up the toys in the family room (which is no small feat) both days… and played all kinds of fun things with the kids.

My grandma rocks!




No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin